20130411

Spam and other meat-like products

Janet and I have been on a bit of a "spam" kick lately, but I normally buy brands other than "SPAM", so, in order to see what the differences were between the brands, we decided to do a blind taste test - and Janet would be the judge as to which "spam" was the best "spam"

I believe spam it's most spam appropriate to insert the most famous SPAM sketch here spam spam spam.

Right then.  

The spam was chilled, cut into odd sized pieces, and presented with tooth picks for Janet to try; it looked a little like this:


Brand name SPAM, and friends

Janet found the No-Name(tm) brand to be most pleasing of the four.  Second place was SPAM(tm).  Third place was Klik(tm).  Fourth place was Holiday(tm).


Our selection!

There were no complex score charts, no panels of judges, just Janet's discerning palate to choose between the canned meats. 

Interestingly, this almost matches up with the salt content - we discovered SPAM is by far the saltiest (almost twice as much sodium as the least - Holiday)  Klik is the 2nd saltiest, then No-Name, and finally Holiday.  I'm not sure we can call Holiday the "healthy" choice of luncheon meats, but it does have the least amount of salt.  This also matches the order of price - SPAM is normally the most expensive, and Holiday the least.

Yes, I did actually have Spam and Baked Beans for dinner, why?  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Which one did YOU prefer?

Steffan Watkins said...

Holiday, No Name, Klik, SPAM.

SPAM, to me, is too salty; it's unpleasant.

Chelle said...

I used to get shredded klick and mayo sandwiches in my lunch. It didn't help make me the most popular girl in school.

Unknown said...

It's a Hawaiian delicacy. True story.