20120214

Nice Staff!

A while ago I found a stick outside on our street. I was out with the dog walking when I saw this lovely red pine stick that had fallen down in a wind storm. I picked it up and brought it home with me. I figured it would make a good walking staff.

So after using it as a walking stick a few times and really feeling like this stick had the right shape and strength for the intended use, I asked my Dad if he would be willing to finish it for me. He agreed and took the dirty old stick and did this with it...

My Dad finished and varnished the staff with 4 coats of varnish and added a brass tip to the end of it and returned it to me. I then added some deer hide string and pony beads as well as some feathers donated by Lily, my parrot.

So here you can see the finished staff. It's quite lovely and it works really well for walking in icy conditions. It has a nice metal spike in the end of it that helps with balancing and gripping on the ice. Also it's very stylish! :)


Thanks Dad, for making me this wonderful walking staff!

No comments: