20120220

2012 Olympics Cowichan Sweater

Ever since the 2008 Olympics I have been trying to get my hands on a Canadian Olympic Cowichan sweater. They sold out of them during the last Olympics and I never managed to find one, despite trolling on eBay for months afterwards. Anyway, in advance of the 2012 Olympics in London, the sweaters have been released in new colours and so I was finally able to get one...or should I say that Stef was finally able to get me one as a gift for Mardi Gras! (Yes we celebrate Mardi Gras. I mean we're not in New Orleans so it's not as exciting, but it's still important to me.)


 The front of the sweater zips up and has two beavers knitted in beautiful Cowichan wool. The sleeves have red maple leaves at the elbow and the back looks like this...


I love my new wool Cowichan sweater...Happy Mardi Gras! :)

No comments: